Maternity Session Information
Here is some information that I hope you find helpful :-)
- You should book your session at the beginning of your 2nd trimester.
- The best time for your maternity session is between your 32nd and 36th week of pregnancy.
- In order to book your session, a check for $50 will be required.
- The day of the shoot, don't wear tight clothing, bras or other constricting bands; this will avoid marks on your skin.
- Avoid salt the day before and day of your shoot to prevent bloating.
- Drink plenty of water and get a good night's rest before your shoot.
- Have nails manicured as hands are often highlighted in pictures. Please make sure any family members who will be participating also have clean nails.
- Hair and make up are optional, but consider them... This is a moment to pamper yourself and look and feel your very best !!!
Location for the shoot
- I am a natural light photographer, so my preference is outdoors for sure. I have several locations that I shoot at, but please let me know if you have something else in mind.
- Some couples like to shoot in their houses and incorporate your baby's nursery into the session.
- The beach is also fabulous, but a travel fee will apply as it is further than 15 miles from Woodland Hills.
What to bring to your session?
- Make sure you bring some water and a snack.
- Boy shorts or long underwear in nude color.
- Supporting strapless bra.
- Some couples want to have pictures featuring their baby shoes, their ultrasound picture, etc. If you have any other ideas, let's discuss them together so we can properly execute it.
Who else can be part of the session?
Your husband/spouse and your other children can be part of the session. I would recommend that we take the images with you and your children first and then have another family member watch them while we concentrate on getting some images of just you.
What to wear?
- Ladies, this depends on you entirely. The most important thing is that you wear what YOU are comfortable in!
- Long, flowy dresses, jeans and tank tops, and stretch pants and tee shirts all look great in maternity sessions!
- Try to avoid really busy shirts (ie. stripes or busy patterns), as this can distract from your belly.
- If you ask me what do I recommend, I suggest wearing a beautiful maternity gown that opens up on the front to show your belly with boy shorts. Shows a little bit of skin but it's very tasteful... also flowers or a nice headband in your hair that will make your pictures extra special. I can provide those items upon request.
What about my stretch marks?
Unwanted stretch marks, acne, and scars are part of our regular editing process and are complimentary. They get cleaned up along with blemishes, wrinkles, and body spots. However, and additional fee would be charged for extreme stretch marks that cover the entire belly or tattoos that you wish to have removed.