Welcome to my World !
Family / Children Session Information
Thank you so much for considering a photo session with me!
Here is some information that I hope you find helpful :-)
- You can book your session up to 8 months in advance.
- In order to book your session and hold your rate, deposit payment will be required.
- Do NOT schedule your photo session around your child’s nap or bedtime. The best time for lighting is the two hours before sunset and after sunrise. If this is a bad time for your children, talk to me and I will find an area of open shade that will give your skin a beautiful hue and put a sparkle in your eyes.
What to wear?
- Have your clothing chosen way in advance and make sure that your outfit choices are comfortable and attractive.
What do your dream family photos look like? If they are soft and elegant? Chose neutral colors with soft, flowing fabrics…. think creams, very soft pastels, oatmeals, light browns, tans, grays, and slate blues.
Want to showcase the fun and spunky side of your family? Choose coordinating colors, with bold accent colors, such as hues of gray with yellow or bright red accents.
- Adding fun accessories like scarves, headbands, hats, etc. can add a modern twist and sassy flair to your images.
Here you can find some more tips on what to wear for your photo shoot. I also suggest simply googling "what to wear for a family photo session" and you will find countless pictures of what the whole family should wear.
On the day of the shoot...
- Please, don’t show up to a photo shoot on an empty stomach. I meet many families who come to a photo session with dinner scheduled at the end. If this is your plan, be sure to give everyone a healthy snack before the photo shoot.
- Leave plenty of time to get ready. Moms are often rushing around before a photo shoot, making sure that their family is dressed and ready. Leave plenty of time for showers, baths, dressing, and grooming. When a family shows up to a family photo session rushed and disorganized, it sets the tone for a rushed and disorganized session. Give yourself extra time so that you are ready before it’s time to head out that door.
- Moms, if possible, have your hair and makeup professionally done. You will feel pretty and confident and this will reflect on the rest of the family as well.
- In days where multiple sessions are scheduled, if you arrive early, please stay in your car until right before your time comes up. Please ask the kids to not run around the shooting location. We do not want them to get dirty or worse, fall down.
No Cellphones please
Please put away your cellphone right before we start our session and do not use during our time together. No texting, no taking pictures.
Many times adults are taking calls or checking their e-mail while I am capturing the kids portraits. Please avoid this. It is very distracting for the kids and for me. This is a moment when you as a family need to connect and be in the present.
Have FUN and be YOURSELVES !!!
- I know that many dads dread the family photo session.. - Please dads, be cheerful and playful.
- If the kids are not following direction, don't get tense. Let's NOT SCOLD them please. If we need to take a little break, let's do it and then get back with the session and everyone in a good mood.
- When I am photographing your kiddos, please, don't demand them to smile at the camera, because it will result in unnatural smiles. Please get behind me, close to my head and talk to them, sing to them, don't be afraid to be goofy for them. Only then we can get those natural beautiful smiles.
- PLEASE don't take pictures with your cellphone or bring other camera. I need the children to focus on me.
- The best photographs are often the ones where everyone is engaged or interacting with each other.
- Dad - Give your wife a sweet kiss on the cheek. Lift the kids and toss them in the air...
- Mom... Tell your husband how much you love him and appreciate him for being there for your family.
- Have fun. Laugh. Giggle. Joke. Embrace. Kiss. Snuggle. Play. Doing these things will allow me to capture the emotion and true beauty of your family.
- Candids are awesome... Not every picture needs to have everyone looking at the camera and smiling at the same time. If you guys are engaged on each other, your eyes will be on your family members and your smile with be natural. These are the photographs that you will cherish most because they truly depict your family connection and your love for each other
Location for the shoot
- I am a natural light photographer, so my preference is outdoors for sure. I have several locations that I shoot at, but please let me know if you have something else in mind.
What to bring to your session?
- Make sure you bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Extra clothes in case there are accidents.
- BEST ATTITUDE.